Phoenix Marine Manufacturing is looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to join our diverse team to manage the Cost Accounting function for our Group of companies.
The purpose of the position is to perform as an agile project manager within the scope of Cost Accounting which requires the incumbent to oversee a range of accounting functions. Most critical is project costing for the business but also includes: cashbook processing, overseeing the debtors and creditors function as well as small component of procurement.
Responsibilities and Key Performance Areas:–
- Costing of projects / jobs: materials, labour ect.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the accounts department.
- Processing supplier invoices and matching them to payments.
- Reconciling supplier accounts.
- Managing petty cash and adhoc payments.
- Raising customer invoices and allocating receipts from customers.
- Ensure control and reconciliation of bank accounts and petty cash.
- Maintaining attendance register for employees.
- Procurement of adhoc stock.
- Any other adhoc duties assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicable tertiary qualification (Accounting or finance diploma/degree)
- At least 3-5 years related experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software and tools
- Knowledge of the marine manufacturing industry and its suppliers and vendors advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Drivers licence plus own reliable transport.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 7 days of your application.