We are looking for a qualified Deck Fitter to join our team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Deck fitter: Installing and assembling various deck equipment, including but not limited to rig
equipment, windlasses, anchor systems, davits, winches, cranes, and cleats. This may involve
mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
– Hydraulic Systems: Working with hydraulic systems that power deck equipment, such as davits,
tender lifts, and steering systems. Ensuring proper functioning, conducting hydraulic fluid checks,
and addressing leaks or malfunctions.
– Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
– Must be able to adhere Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
– Compliance with safety and quality standards and procedures
– Must be able to work well with teams and in close proximity to others.
– Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
– Have the ability to identify defects and have an eye for detail
– Be familiar with the production process
– Must be able to use the basic tools applicable to the job
– Be able to work with people as a team to accomplish department goals
– Excellent time keeping and attendance
– Ability to work under pressure and without supervision
– Must be able to work Saturdays and overtime as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
– Must have Grade 10 or Equivalent Qualification
– Must have at least 5 years experience working as an equipment installer, maintenance technician,
or similar role in the maritime industry.
– Relevant technical training or certification in marine systems, mechanical engineering, or a related
– Prior experience working as an equipment installer, maintenance technician, or similar role in the
– Familiarity with hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and mechanical components commonly found