We are looking for an experienced/qualified Gel Coat Finisher to join our team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preparation: Cleaning and sanding the gelcoat surface to remove abrasives and defects.
- Application: professional application of the required gelcoat finish.
- Buffing and polishing the gelcoat surface with a compound and a wool pad to restore the shine and lustre.
- Applying wax to the gelcoat surface to protect it from dirt and stains.
- Repairing or modifying damaged or defective gelcoat parts by checking the thickness, density, and contour of the material.
- Applying gelcoat to new or existing boat parts by spraying or brushing it on the mould or the
- Knowledge and experience of the properties and applications of gelcoat.
- Excellent attention to detail to pick up and rectify defects.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Must be able to adhere Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Compliance with safety and quality standards and procedures
- Must be able to work well with teams and in close proximity to others.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Be familiar with the production process.
- Must be able to use the basic tools applicable to the job.
- Be able to work with people as a team to accomplish department goals.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Must be able to work Saturdays and overtime as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have Grade 10 or Equivalent Qualification
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role preferably in the maritime industry.